Weekend Wrap Up: February 12th

Well, it's happened.  Monday has reared its ugly head again and I'm feeling like this:
Yes, this is my beautiful little moody daughter.





What better way to get this week started than by remembering all the fun we had that we won't be having for about another 5 days?  Shall we?


Friday afternoon, there was some early spring cleaning going on at work and I came across this:

A very large anatomy doll.  Two of them and they were anatomically correct, of course.  The crazy person in me fought off the urge to bring them home because they were just too good to pass up!  However, the sane person in me figured they would be teeming with dust mites and who knows what else so, sadly, they went on a trip to Rumpke Mountain.


The man-friend of the Hill-Collins Clan was away with gigs this weekend so it was an all-girls weekend.  Oh, and I learned how to make collages so watch out!  Collage crazy here.

First, we went to the Kentucky Science Center on Friday evening because, hello, $5 after 5pm on Fridays and Saturdays.  Considering I can't predict when she'll like things or abhor them and protest loudly in public, I always pick events that are low cost or free.  This was a big win; she LOVED it.  That was the only picture I got because, even though she's only 3, she told me, "NO more pictures, mom!"  Heck, yeah, kid.  Let's live in the moment...so we did.  The others are just pictures of my living room to keep it real on here; my floor is typically covered in a variety of toys, markers (yes, I let her use markers), paper, what-have-you.  But she loves her new trains that I picked up at work because they were going to toss them.  I'm not a hoarder but, dang, those train sets cost a lot!


We also went to House of Boom, a trampoline park. You just cannot get a good pic of a toddler at a trampoline park, I swear.  From 9-10a on Saturdays, it's $6 for the kiddos, free for the adults, and is only for littles 6 and under.  It was awesome.  For so long as a parent, there just hasn't been a lot that we could go and do.  I have 1 mom friend (ALL of my friends are childless and single), we have no family that live within 5 hours north or south of us, so I've felt pretty isolated in parenthood.  I've had to get pretty creative. Anyway, the fact that we are now at an age where I can expose her to some other experience aside from a park or the library has opened up a whole new world for us.  Sure, I have to literally push her into new experiences, but who cares.  She and I have been loving it.


This also happened:
Play-Doh Murder.  This is just what I collected off of the little table she uses for crafts.  HOW in the hell does she do that to play-doh?!  She can chop with a plastic knife better than I can with freaking Farberware!  Even the cat had to come check it out.  Gnarly.


Sunday was a pjs and movie day because, well, it was raining ice and just gross.  These are always the worst days for us because we both NEED to be outside.  But Dad returned earlier than expected and took Ivy for a few hours so this mama got a nap.  Amen.

I hope this Monday finds you...
toot-tootling right on into your week!!

Be well!

-Amanda











Comments