Introducing...Me!

This is my inaugural post and I have put it off for a very long time.  I had a blog once upon a time (*ahem*...10 years ago) but I deleted the entire thing and went off the grid for awhile.  I love writing, I love connecting so I'm back.

So, this is me.  My name is Amanda and I live in Louisville, KY.  I'm not going to hide anything.  Sure, there are weirdos out there but I'll handle that should I ever need to and, well, I'm pretty boring.  Back to me:

Oh, my gosh!  I'm so skinny!  This picture is about 3 years old but it's all I've got.  Add about 20 lbs and a few wrinkles to the face, about 3 inches of length to the hair and that's about right.  It's pre-baby so I'm giving myself some grace.

I am trained as a mental health therapist, an ABA therapist, and I have worked in just about any social services setting you can imagine.  I have been cussed at, spit at, pooped on and all of that trained me for being the best toddler mom ever.  Kidding, kind of.  I no longer work directly with individuals and families but I still work with an agency that serves at-risk youth.  I crossed over to the dark side and work in corporate compliance and I haven't been this stress-free in decades.  Judge me.  I don't care.  I've paid my dues.

I have a 3 year old daughter, a partner, and 2 cats.  I love wine, yoga, trying out different diets, reading scholarly literature, cooking, and cleaning.  I have a love-hate relationship with cleaning but I find myself watching too many YouTube videos on how to do it better so I must have some interest in it.  I like tons of other things, too, but, really, who wants to know all of that?  Stick around and get to know me!  This blog is my place to post what I want.  I doubt there will be a 'theme' because I'm kind of all over the place.  And that's ok with me.  Until next time, I bid you, "Adieu!" 



Comments