Friday Favorites: March 30, 2018

Well, a week has gone by without a blog post.  To my defense, it's been a whirlwind.  Let's do a link-up.  Shall we?

Linking up this Friday with these fine ladies:

This week will be a short post.  I'm a little crabby this Friday and the week has been one for the books.  Rather than list my favorites, I'm just going to do a little update instead.  Especially since I have been a major blog slacker recently.


1. We had a lot of 3 year old 'moments'.
These include things like clearly putting a green marker in our mouth, refusing to see the doctor by sitting under the desk, having a tantrum on a wet sidewalk, and rounding out our week with a trip to the park and dinner out.  Thankfully, she loves going to restaurants so going out to eat is usually pretty fun.



2. Pre-op Appointment.
Yep.  Trigger Finger.  We are preparing for a little surgery next week on her left thumb.  But she loves going to this particular dr.'s office because they have a (very loud) Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy and VHS tapes.  She didn't mind at all that the sound was fuzzy and there were lines in the film.



3. My van broke down.
What a week.  The van broke down so I had to ride the bus, which I actually don't mind. Without fail, I get asked by people on the street if I can help them pay for a bus ride (which I do because I'm a sucker and believe in karma). But really the kicker here is the mechanic's bill.  *deep sighs*  And it wasn't pretty.  There goes my beach vacation.  Moving on...


4.  A trip to Waverly Hills Sanatorium.

My sister and brother-in-law came to town so we went to dinner (where I had delicious smoked tofu that my sister wouldn't touch) then we went to a tour of the Waverly.  I love haunted house tours, not the Halloweeny, blood and gore stuff.  Just historical places with stories.  The Waverly is supposedly one of the most haunted places on the planet and even though we were up in there at midnight, it actually felt kind of, well, peaceful.  I caught some cool pictures but I honestly never felt a ghost or anything like that.  I want to do a daytime tour now because it had to have been a beautiful place in its time...even though it has a sad history.



5.  I worked with my little lefty on cutting skills.

It never dawned on me to put scissors in my child's hand until I was completing her ASQ this month and it inquired on her cutting skills.  So we bought some scissors and she was pretty good!  I linked to the ASQ because we participate in this voluntary program that's available in my city.  I complete a questionnaire, they score and review it with me, then she gets a free book.  Pretty cool and I can stay on top of her development (like I don't obsess over every little thing anyway)! 



6.  And because I have no shame:
I went for some wine with a friend one night and Dad obviously was the babysitter.  I have to give her props for the amount of destruction she can accomplish in such a short amount of time.  And don't even ask about the electrical outlet in the middle.  I probably don't want to know myself.


We are off to a weekend of a first soccer class and an egg hunt.  Josh's parents were supposed to come to town but they cancelled due to illness and I'm pretty bummed.  Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter however you celebrate it!  Be well!

-Amanda

Comments