Potty Training 101: A Few Helpful Tips

In the first few years of life, there are lots of parenting milestones.  And they all seem overwhelming. How to form healthy attachments, how to sleep train, how to wean, how to best introduce solids, how to...on and on and on.  Potty training is often one of those milestones that you either look forward to or dread.  I felt both ways.  I looked forward to it because, frankly, I was tired of wiping butts.  I dreaded it because it meant no more seeing her little bootie in a diaper.  It was sooo cute!  Anyway, we potty-trained and I have to say:  It went WAY better and faster than expected.  Here are few tips I learned along the way that helped (sorry it's a little difficult to read; still learning infographics here):


 Every child is different (as we hear as parents over and over again).  My child definitely wouldn't have responded well to the "potty boot camp" approaches so I took a more laid back approach.  I think the key to our success was all in the timing.  I simply waited until she was really ready.  And by 'ready' I mean she really wanted to tear into her new pack of Minnie Mouse panties.

I hope these help and good luck!  But P.S.:  I'm still wiping butt... because teaching a child to wipe well is going to take some time and some fine motor growth.

Be well!

-Amanda

Comments